In this role the focus will be on selling the Maplesoft engineering suite of products to the academic engineering market at the teaching and research levels.
As a member of the sales team at Maplesoft, you are highly motivated, ambitious and are driven to succeed towards furthering your career in Sales. You bring a minimum of 3 years of software sales experience and will use that experience within a collaborative sales team environment where your time will be dedicated to closing new business opportunities as a member of our Academic Sales team. You are comfortable and confident on the phone and in person, are equally confident presenting to one or one hundred, and are at ease talking at a high level about technical software solutions. This position requires that you be self-motivated, a solutions-based seller and focused to be able to achieve revenue sales goals – helping our academic users acquire our technical software solutions.
- 3+ years sales experience (software solutions in the university and college markets a definite asset)
- Highly motivated, engaging, independent and also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Results driven with a strong work ethic
- A demonstrated ability to set individual goals, monitor the progress of objectives against targets, and develop corrective actions to ensure goals are met
- Superior communication skills
- Proven track record of effective customer presentation and/or product demo skills
- Knowledge of current CMS/LMS and testing and assessment systems an asset
- A university graduate: Mathematics or Engineering degree