As an Account Manager at Maplesoft, you are highly motivated, ambitious and are driven to succeed towards furthering your career in Sales. You bring a minimum of 3 years of software sales experience and will use that experience within a collaborative sales team environment where your time will be dedicated to closing new business opportunities as a member of our German Sales team. You are comfortable and confident on the phone and in person, are equally confident presenting to one or one hundred, and are at ease talking at a high level about technical software solutions. This position requires that you be self-motivated, a solutions-based seller and focused to be able to achieve revenue sales goals – helping our users in Germany acquire our technical software solutions.
- Develop quarterly action plans in order to achieve and exceed revenue targets
- Research and proactively prospect for new sales opportunities
- Initiate telephone and email contact with existing and potential prospects
- Facilitate presentations both face-to-face and online with prospects
- Use software tools to provide detailed account information for tracking, forecasting and reporting purposes
- Fluent in German (spoken and written) as well as excellent understanding of English
- Must be eligible to work in Germany
- 3+ years’ technical sales experience, ideally in an engineering or software company.
- Software solutions experience in the university and college markets a definite asset.
- Highly motivated, engaging, independent and also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Results driven with a strong work ethic
- A demonstrated ability to set individual goals, monitor the progress of objectives against targets, and develop corrective actions to ensure goals are met
- Superior communication skills
- Proven track record of effective customer presentation and/or product demo skills
- Knowledge of current CMS/LMS and testing and assessment systems an asset
- A university graduate: Mathematics or Engineering degree would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com would be an asset
- Travel within assigned territory required.