As the successful candidate, you will be a key contributor to the evolution of the Maple T.A. product. Maple T.A. is a web-based solution for delivering automatically graded tests, used primarily in higher education for any subject involving mathematical content. Maple T.A. leverages aspects of Maple’s interface and symbolic/numeric computation engine to make automatic grading and feedback feasible in the difficult area of mathematics assessment.
You will be part of a dynamic team of developers, responsible for the full cycle of product development -- requirements analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and support. The development team has close contact with customers throughout the world, and is able to use agile methodologies to stay on the cutting-edge and implement the features our customers really need and want.
- 2-3 years Web application development experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience writing to the following web development frameworks: Struts, Tiles
- Knowledge of web server technology, specifically Apache and Tomcat, as well as a good understanding of server installation and administration
- Knowledge of mainstream browsers and compatibility issues between Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris operating systems
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL (or equivalent), SQL, designing/creating database schemas, database installation/administration
- Good knowledge of Java 6 and J2EE 1.4 APIs. Some knowledge of applets would be useful
- Experience in Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Unix
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new skills
- Experience with Maple (or other mathematical software) would be an asset
- Degree in computer science or related discipline