| Press Release
Maple 7 begins shipping 15 days ahead of schedule
Maple 7 begins shipping 15 days ahead of schedule Waterloo Maple provides
customers with the latest version of the world’s leading
math software starting today
WATERLOO, CANADA, June 14, 2001—Waterloo Maple, a world leader in mathematical
software for education, research and industry, is pleased to announce that it will begin shipping
the newest version of the widely adopted Maple mathematical computation product, Maple® 7,
today—a full two weeks ahead of schedule. Maple 7 is now available for all supported platforms,
including Windows, Macintosh, Linux and UNIX.
Maple 7 was announced on June 1st of this year and received widespread interest from
customers and the mathematics community. Waterloo Maple responded by increasing its efforts
to deliver the product without delay. All the new features and innovative technical enhancements
that were promised, have been integrated, including:
“The early release is further proof of Waterloo Maple’s company-wide commitment to
overachieving customer expectations and to the constant pursuit of adding value,” states Fred
Patterson, Vice President, Sales. “We are excited that customers will take advantage of Maple
7’s power and functionality sooner and, through The Maple Application Center, will be able to
achieve a higher level of productivity than ever before.”
- Sweeping range of new differential equation (DE) solvers
- Complete units and dimensions management
- Enhanced Web connectivity
- Powerful resources available for free through The Maple Application Center at
A special limited time upgrade offer is currently available. Users should contact their Waterloo
Maple account representative or authorized international reseller for more information.
Maplesoft™ is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Our product suite reflects our philosophy - given great tools, people can do great things. Maplesoft has transformed the way engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use math, enabling them to work better, faster, and smarter.
Organizations across the world have applied Maple in nearly every technical field, including Engineering Design, Operations Research, Scientific Research, and Financial Analysis. Maplesoft's commercial customer base includes Allied Signal, BMW, Boeing, Daimler Chrysler, DreamWorks, Ford, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Raytheon, Robert Bosch, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, and Tyco.
Maplesoft offers powerful and easy-to-use tools that save time and reduce errors.
• Maple™ is a powerful tool for solving complex mathematical problems and creating rich technical documents
• Maple Toolbox for MATLAB® combines the best in symbolic and numeric computation to develop mathematical solutions
• BlockBuilder™ for Simulink® is a First Principles physical modeling environment that offers automated export to Simulink
• MapleNet™ allows users to publish live Maple documents on the Web
• The Professional Toolbox Series provides domain-specific tools that focus the core Maplesoft products on discipline-specific applications
We believe that if you touch math, you need Maple. Visit www.maplesoft.com to learn more.