The Maple code editor includes many features to make it easier to write, read, and debug Maple code, and is available for managing startup code, code edit regions, and code attached to embedded components.
- Syntax Highlighting: Maple keywords and operators are colored, making it easier to spot typographical errors and identify code blocks.
- Bracket Matching: Typing a new bracket character or positioning the cursor next to an existing one highlights its counterpart, so they are easier to match up.
- Quote Matching: Mismatched or missing single-, double-, and back-quote characters are highlighted.
- Automatic Indentation: After entering the first line of a new module, procedure, or if/then statement, subsequent lines are automatically indented.
- Command Completion: Commands can be entered more quickly and without error by typing in the first few letters of your command, and then selecting your choice from a list of possible completions.
- Error Checking: Code is checked for errors continuously as you type, making it easier to identify problems quickly.
- Import/Export: Easily import code from .mpl or other text formats directly into your code editor and export the contents of a code editor to a text file.