What's New in Maple T.A. 9.5?
Maple T.A. 9.5 is an expansion of Maple T.A. 9 that provides more information to help instructors and students get started with the system, increased support for essay questions, and more control over proctored assignments. It also includes a sneak peek at some new technology we are working on: gradeable Math Apps!
Student Readiness Test
The demo class content for Maple T.A. has been completely updated to provide
to help students get started with Maple T.A.
- A Student Readiness Test lets students get familiar with Maple T.A. before their first test or assignment.
- This test walks the student through important Maple T.A. concepts, such as teaching them to use the math editor, how to switch entry modes, where to find help, and more.
- Instructors can easily include this assignment in all their classes and make it a mandatory pre-test for the course.
Maple T.A. 9.5 includes new and improved sample content to help instructors become familiar with Maple T.A.
- A sample of every question type and subtype is provided in the newly updated demo class content.
- A sample assignment shows instructors what a typical assignment looks like. They can explore this assignment from both the instructor and student viewpoints to test out different options and see what the experience will be like.
Maple T.A. 9.5 includes the ability to mark up a student’s essay by adding comments at selected points in the essay.
- Choose from over 40 standard comments, such as “spelling,” “slang,” “sentence fragment,” and more.
- Expand the collection by adding your own comments, and embed those comments just as easily.
- Provide detailed feedback that shows the location of the problem. The student can hover over each annotation marker in the corrected essay, and the comment will appear as a popup at the place in the text where the problem occurs.
Expanded Proctor Tools
Proctor tools have been reorganized and expanded to give you more control over individual assignments.
- Allow individual students extra time, to accommodate special needs or exceptional situations.
- Easily give permission for individual students to retake a test.
Maple T.A. 9.5 is powered by Maple 17, so you can take full advantage of all the improvements
to the Maple 17 mathematical engine.
- Cover even more material with expanded support for statistics, group theory, physics, differential geometry, limits, and much more.
- Enhance your questions with new tools for visualizations of inequalities, branch cuts, and groups, as well as improvements to 3-D plotting.
Sneak Peek: Introducing Gradeable Math Apps!
Maple T.A. 9.5 includes a special sneak peek of some exciting new technology. As part of The Möbius Project initiative from Maplesoft, we have given Maple T.A. the ability to automatically grade interactive Maple applications. With gradeable Math Apps, you can ask your students to sketch graphs, provide them with specialized calculators, ask them to manipulate parameters until they have found the desired solution, give them interactive plots to explore, and much more.
This feature is offered as a technology preview so you can start getting familiar with it and begin developing content for your students. Maplesoft offers special services and support to assist instructors in creating, testing, and deploying Math Apps. Contact Maplesoft for details.