Maple 16.02, a maintenance update, is available to all users running Maple 16. This update contains enhancements to many areas, including:
- New Platform support. Maple 16 now works on these additional platforms:
- Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise
- Macintosh OS X 10.8
- Connectivity. Connectivity features have been extended to include:
- Physics. Enhancements were made to several areas of the Physics package, including:
- Algebraic manipulations of dot products of quantum operators (possibly tensorial) and eigenstates
- Algebraic simplification taking into account commutation/anticommutation rules
- Simplification of tensor products involving the sum rule for repeated indices in the presence of symmetric and antisymmetric tensors
- Dagger, Commutator, AntiCommutator, Bracket
- Normal forms of products of quantum operators
- Saving and loading Physics setup across sessions
- Allowing selective partial clearing of setting using Setup(clear, <…>)
- Copying and pasting of textbook display (typesetting = extended)
- Efficiency. Enhancements were made to memory management/garbage collection.
- Interface. Improvements were made to the display of data tables and to custom palettes.
Who is entitled to Maple 16.02?
Maple 16.02 is available to all users running Maple 16. All Maple 16 users should install this update to obtain the latest version.
Note for MapleSim 6 users: Your Maple installation will be automatically updated when you update your MapleSim installation to MapleSim 6.01. You do not need to install Maple 16.02 separately.
Do these updates apply to Maple 16 Japanese Edition?
No, these updates are for the English Edition only. To download the Maple 16.02 Japanese Edition update, visit the Maple 16.02 Japanese Edition download page.
How do I get Maple 16.02?
From the Tools menu in Maple 16, select Check for Updates, and follow the instructions. If that option is dimmed, you can download the update by clicking on the link below.
If you have any questions or experience difficulties with this update, please contact Maplesoft Customer Service.