Maplesoft offers an extensive collection of products and free resources to support teaching and learning differential calculus.
Whether you are trying to find a limit, calculate a derivative, plot a function, or understand the epsilon-delta definition of a limit, Maplesoft makes differential calculus easier to understand, easier to teach, and easier to do.
Featured Differential Calculus Examples and Downloads
Differential Calculus Resources, Tutorials, and Examples
The Möbius Project
Mathematics Everywhere: Online applications and calculators
Teaching Concepts with Maple
Video examples and Maple documents illustrating mathematical concepts
- Derivatives by Definition: Polynomials
- Evaluation of a Limit
- Implicit Differentiation
- Tangent and Normal Lines
- Derivative of Square Root by Definition
- Constrained Optimization: Largest Rectangle with Fixed Perimeter
- Constrained Optimization: Rectangle Under an Ellipse
- Graph f and its Derivatives
- Related Rates: Two Ships Problem
- Rational Function
- Related Rates: Volume and Surface Area of a Sphere
- Taylor Polynomials
- Cubic with Prescribed Extrema
- Minimization Problem: Distance from a Point to a Curve
- Newton's Method
- Approximation by Differential
- Mean Value Theorem
- Related-Rates Problem for a Scalene Triangle
- Related Rates - The "Sand-Pile" Problem
Thousands of free Maple documents from Maplesoft and the community
- Clickable Math Techniques
Over 50 free applications demonstrating how to use Maple's Clickable Math methods to solve standard problems.
- Teaching Calculus with Maple:
A Complete Kit
Leveraging both Maple and Maple T.A., Teaching Calculus with Maple includes lecture notes, student worksheets, Maple demonstrations, Maple T.A. homework, and more.
The world's largest community of Maple users. Questions, posts, help, musings, answers, and more.
Differential Calculus Commands and Help in Maple
Maple Online Help
- Calculate limit
- Create a two-dimensional plot
- Definite and indefinite integration
- Demonstrate Newton's method
- Determine the Special Points of a Function
Find the asymptotes, critical points, extreme points, points of inflection, and roots of a univariate function.
- Differentiation or partial differentiation
diff or Diff
- Find the antiderivative(s) of an expression
- Find the distance between two points
- Functional Operators
A functional operator in Maple is a special form of a procedure. Functional operators are written using arrow notation.
- Illustrate Newton's Method
- Solve a limit problem step-by-step
- Plot an expression and its derivative
- Plot an expression and its derivative (tutor)
- Plot rational functions
- Return the Newton quotient of an expression
- Return the Taylor series for a multivariate function
- Solve one or more equations
- Solve one or more equations using floating-point arithmetic
- Transform quadratic expressions to completed square form
- Two-dimensional implicit plotting
Related Maple Features
- Math Equation Editor
Express complicated mathematical problems easily using standard mathematical notation.
- Context-Sensitive Menus
Perform mathematical operations by simply clicking the object and selecting the desired operation from the menu of choices provided.
- Task Templates
Task templates provide convenient, fill-in-the-blank problem solving for over 300 tasks.
- Math Apps
Maple provides demonstrations, in the form of Math Apps, to illustrate various mathematical and/or scientific concepts.